·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, we are probably talking about $100 or so to purchase. Not sure what it will need but that seems like fairly short money if it is in overall decent shape which it appears to be in that pic. Does look like it is missing at least one pearl touch and some felts and I assume the pads need work. C-sharp key looks to hanging a little low as well. May just be a regulation issue.

I will assume its gonna need a good bit to be a decent player.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
41,898 Posts
the value of a sax like this is the eye of the beholder , so if you like it and want to invest in int because you like it for yourself , do it, by all means, don't think that you are going to see your money back if you ever decide to sell it, that's all

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well, I bought this sax. Its looked in decent condition and everything was there except a mouthpiece. Ligature and cap were there but guess they lost the mouthpiece. the guy that had it knew nothing about saxes. He had bought it at a yard sale to resell. I gave him the $100 he was asking figuring it wasnt too much if it ended up being a halfway decent horn, and it looked in better shape than i thought. No missing pearls and pads were actually decent.

I just tried playing it sticking keys and all and could barely get anything out of it. Just a few high notes. Below g and it played even higher. Seemed odd so I tried to stick a leak light down it. Turns out the mouthpiece was stuck in the body tube!! pulled that out and WOW does this thing sound great!! It plays amazing. especially for not having touched it. need to be oiled up and some spring tensions adjusted but this looks like it will be a great player. Loving it.

Still have no idea what brand it is. I will take some pics later but it has Lord engraved on the bell. Serial number is only 4 digits. 12xx

1 - 12 of 12 Posts