Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any gurus willing to share their insights on this? as in is this a good deal or not, all that sort of thing. i cut and pasted the ad from a local publication.

King Tenor Saxophone with hard case. Perfect for school band student. Very Good Condition $700

thanks

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
Depends on model. The very early ones are not worth much even with beautiful engraving. I would say no pre Zephyr King tenor sax is worth more than $700 - please shoot me down, King experts, if i'm wrong ;). Zephyr/Super 20 in good condition is easily worth that money. I seem to remember there are also more recent saxes that trade on the King name - I doubt one of those is worth $700 either. You need more info on the model and a serial number. :)

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
40,343 Posts
probably a King Cleveland 613 or 615, they are not bad student's horns, in that case (and if they are really perfect....) the price is about right otherways not. A Zephyr in good condition is worth about 2 to 3 times that much in my book and a Super 20 from 5 to 8 times that much.....

·
Banned
2,991 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks for the info guys. i found out it's a 662 and so i won't be adding it to my collection of saxes

·
"King In The Castle" & Distinguished SOTW Member
2,671 Posts
If you are going to have a King, it might as well be a Super 20!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts