Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heyo, I've recently purchased a 1926 Buescher TT Alto and am looking for a tech around me who I can trust to do a general adjustment and pad replacement, especially since all the information about techs I've read seem to be dated or lost to the sands of time. Thank you! :mrgreen::baby:

·
Registered
525 Posts
Dane Whipke (Whipke Winds) in Marietta is a huge fan of old Bueschers. I don't know anything about his work, but if you need information about them, he's your guy. King Band Instrument Repair in Decatur has been around a long time and has a great reputation. Ken Stanton in Marietta has a very good repair shop as long as Christine does the sax work. North Georgia Horn Works in Kennesaw has a great reputation with the local schools. Ponce de Leon Music in Cumming has a very good tech, my youngest son. Carere Music in Peachtree Corners (off of Peachtree Industrial) has a good shop.

I take my overhaul work to Giant Steps Music in Chattanooga, Mike Bauer. It's well worth the trip.

·
SOTW Columnist/ Forum Contributor 2014, Disti
2,771 Posts
I have been going to Christine Rowan at Ken Stanton in Marietta for the past year. She leveled a G# rolled tone hole on my alto. Two other repair techs could not, or did not want to mess with it. Christine has done other work on my tenors. Always an excellent result. Just wish I did not have to drive from Macon to get the repairs done.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I checked out Ken Stanton in Marietta and North Georgia Band in Atlanta. Both gave fair prices and had wonderful staff but I decided to go with North Georgia Band since it was closer to me. The work done on my alto feels well worth the money so I can say that North was a good choice. When I find a tenor that speaks to me and needs a little love I'll be sure to try Ken Stanton's services.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I checked out Ken Stanton in Marietta and North Georgia Band in Atlanta. Both gave fair prices and had wonderful staff but I decided to go with North Georgia Band since it was closer to me. The work done on my alto feels well worth the money so I can say that North was a good choice. When I find a tenor that speaks to me and needs a little love I'll be sure to try Ken Stanton's services.
I forgot to come back to this thread. I messaged North GA Band through their website and never got a response. I took my Martin to Carere Music (Ben Davis is the tech) and they were great. The price was reasonable and turnaround was just a few days.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts