Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2012
1,020 Posts
I can tell you one you shouldn't go to in Bklyn, IMO... (trying to offload his junk on craigslist); in NYC near Lincoln Centre Andy Frobig seems OK.

·
Forum Contributor 2007-2012, Distinguished SOTW Te
3,328 Posts
Shelly Tanabe at Windplayer Services is in Queens.

David Santiago at Sam Ash in Times Square will also take good care of you, particularly for high-end flute repair.

·
Registered
35 Posts
There's a recent opening in Brooklyn, Brooklyn Woodwinds and Brass. It's located at 6 Bedford Ave (near the G train Nassau stop). Phone is: (718) 874-3434.

Eric Downs is the tech, and he's overhauled several saxophones of mine. Always an excellent job, and stands by his work.

Hope this helps.

Peter

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
My vote for a local tech is Shelly Tanabe. As Matt noted, she's in Queens -- Flushing to be precise.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Sax Historian
7,153 Posts
[rolleyes] Good grief! Any good repair techs? In Brooklyn? We're lucky there are any anywhere else!!

·
Indistinguishable Resident Buescher Bigot and Foru
8,588 Posts
[rolleyes] Good grief! Any good repair techs? In Brooklyn? We're lucky there are any anywhere else!!
The best one in Brooklyn moved to North Carolina last year. Something about shopping for groceries too much at Fresh Direct and a dearth of free range diesel VW's here in Brooklyn.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Sax Historian
7,153 Posts
Now the hard part...getting anybody outside greater New York to hire a saxophone player.

·
Registered
956 Posts
Glenn Guidone, in Belrose, LI, minutes from the Queens border.
He's an excellent tech & great guy. (Also a burning tenor player)
I think "Barry Sachs" will agree w/me.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts