Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Discombobulated SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 201
9,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm reading a new book about the Leopold and Loeb murder case, The Leopold and Loeb Files by Nina Barrett. No definite reason for the 1924 Chicago murder of a randomly chosen 14-year-old boy by two older teens was ever determined. Among the possible causes floated at the time to explain this senseless criminal act was an emerging affliction known as Dementia Jazzmania. Details are in the text below.

Has anyone here been stricken? What was the treatment regimen like, and how long did recovery take? Have you experienced any relapses? Killed anyone while in the throes of the disease? Please help the community by sharing your experience.

View attachment 223398

·
Forum Contributor 2016, Distinguished SOTW Member
12,790 Posts
Haha! I was reading a Christian book from the '50's about the life of King David in the Bible. Was actually pretty good until I got to a page that read "....and that is why modern day jazz is the music of the devil." Then it had a bunch of sentences about how it's many notes and dissonance confused the mind and caused the listener to lean towards evil. Needless to say, I stopped reading that book at that point and tossed it in the trash........

1 - 2 of 2 Posts