Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am developing what ay be tennis elbow/ tendonitis in my left elbow. Any advice? I feel I play mostly relaxed and shake out my hands and arms every few minutes .

·
Registered
338 Posts
I had this about 25 years ago. Went through physical therapy for weeks-no progress.
Then I got a cortisone shot in the elbow and it worked great. No more pain.

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
The discomfort your experiencing may have a number of causes. I would consult a theapist and take things from there. Stretching 'may' help. I would consider cortisone a last ditch attempt but as pumseig suggests - if needed and appropriate that may be what is needed.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,606 Posts
I am developing what ay be tennis elbow/ tendonitis in my left elbow. Any advice? I feel I play mostly relaxed and shake out my hands and arms every few minutes .
You are crossposting - see my response in your other post.

·
Registered
210 Posts
You might also check out TriFlex tablets for joint relief from GNC or Nature Made (CostCo). They have glucosamine and other stuff that fluffs up the cartilege in your joints.

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,558 Posts
Rest, ice, and an anti-inflammatory is the way I was instructed to treat tendonitis. You need a physician to confirm that it is tendonitis and not some other muscle/joint ailment.
Some use a compression strap or sleeve, but it's only a band-aid.

·
Registered
Tenor, alto, Bb Clarinet, Flute
2,470 Posts
edit - hah! Nvilatele beat me to it.

Henny Youngman: I tell tell my doc, “Hey doc, when I move my elbow like so it hurts.”
Doc says to me, “Don’t move it like that. “

Badabing! Rimshot.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,515 Posts
Yes it hurts to do simple things. Inhave itnright now with no hope of healing since Im knee deep in renovation work. After I may ask for a shot since when I was resting and using a brace it did not improve.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I had this (it returns now and again). Maybe I did not have it so bad, although enough to wake me in the night. But I was surprised how doing some exercises and stretches I got from Youtube made a huge difference fast.

This woman is good and does quick, to the point explanations. Also used her advice to make my back pain much better. But its worth having a look round on there. Of course there are a lot of self styles experts to avoid as always on Youtube. But this woman seems to have credibility in the fitness world.

·
Registered
Alto sax, Tenor sax, Clarinet
1,357 Posts
When my tennis elbow started, I used one of these for about 3 weeks, and the pain disappeared, and has not returned in the past 5 years.

This is the beginner strength version, but it was all I needed. Good luck!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts