Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently picked up an Antigua Winds student model alto from CL that is missing its neck. I don't have a lot of money into the horn, which seems to be in pretty good shape, although I can't really play it. I figured I could find or fabricate a replacement neck for it. That turns out to be more difficult than I imagined at the time. Does anyone here have any experience with finding a replacement neck for an Antigua Winds alto? Or better yet, have one laying around? Also, I heard that sometimes alto necks are a nice shape to convert into a pipe for smoking your favorite smokable. Has anyone else heard that? I am not sure if that is what happened to this neck. The owner didn't seem to know what happened to the neck...

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2014
Super Action 80 Tenor, Yamaha Vito YAS-21 prototype, Kessler Soprano, Superba II Bari, Fender J-Bass
4,909 Posts
I would go to kesslermusic.com, and contact either Dave or Chuck. They've been dealing with Antigua saxophones for over a decade now. If anyone could help you find a suitable replacement, it would be them.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts