Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
257 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently purchased an Antigua Winds Alto off of Ebay, serial number LA1017695. I was wondering if there was a way to tell the manufacture date and or model of this horn by it's features or serial number? I haven't yet received it and I've been reading everything I can about the Antigua Winds horns but nothing is helping. Any insight is greatly appreciated.
Musical instrument Reed instrument Brass instrument Saxophone Wind instrument

Musical instrument Saxophone Wind instrument Reed instrument Woodwind instrument

Musical instrument Saxophone Reed instrument Saxophonist Musician

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
41,890 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
LOL best post ive seen in a while.

Milandro is spot on. Reach out to them.

- Saxaholic
I just went to their web site to ask a question about a horn I just bought off the web. I sent them the serial number hoping to find out the model number. The horn won't be here until next week %(

After I sent my question I noticed there was a text box near the top that said something along the lines of "If you are in the US CLICK HERE" to submit questions.

·
Registered
Tenor, alto, Bb Clarinet, Flute
2,624 Posts
I'd be interested if you find any info. I bought an alto a couple of years ago from a kid based on an ebay ad. It plays pretty nice for a $200 horn, actually.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
alto: 82Zii/Medusa/Supreme, tenor: Medusa, bari: b-901, sop, sc-990
7,617 Posts
Antigua changed their logo at some point so I always look for the newer logo. But I don’t know when it changed.

·
Registered
3,217 Posts
milandro's right. I contacted Antigua directly last month through the web contact form to ask about the model number of my soprano, and they responded (presumably from Taiwan) within 72 hours.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts