Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We have just seen a beautiful video and pictures of the Antigua production line. Very impressive!

The video got me particularly curious. I think this facility must be located in China since the production line is very beautiful and big. I know that in Taiwan operations seem to be quite a bit smaller, aside Jupiter, and not as Hi-tech as this plant. Anybody knows the name of the factory and location? I have no idea if Antigua is secretive about this or not so my question is not a criticism or anything less than appreciative of the Chinese saxophone and Taiwanese ones.

Discussion Starter · #3 ·
according to my information this factory should be in China, the governments might not be friendly but the commercial relationship between the countries (Taiwan and China ) is very good indeed Some companies , such as Tenon have plants in Taiwan, China and Vietnam

Discussion Starter · #5 ·
but the question is, what is the name of the Chinese factory, I am pretty sure no Chinese factory is called " Antigua"

Discussion Starter · #9 ·
well, it depends, these things are considered to be privileged information by most brands.........they are generally not of public domain

Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yes, never underestimate Chinese industries, most of them are very large and modern factories , unlike Taiwanese operations which are normally smaller and less modernly equipped.

Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well it is possible that this is one of those very big Chinese factories (of which there are many!) that makes many brands under one roof and Antigua could be one of their customers or part owner of the company , one thing , in my mind is for sure, these plant is capable of an output per annum which , I think, exceeds the Antigua sales........so they either keep it idle or , more likely, this plant is used to make other brands too.

Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I have been told by some Taiwanese sources whom I trust that this factory is in China. Chinese factories are way bigger than factories on Taiwan (with the exception of Jupiter) and usually are more modernly equipped because they were all built recently. I am not at all convinced that Antigua owns the whole factory (which is the point of me asking the name of this factory really!) because the facility on show would be able to make more horns that Antiqua, I think, sells.

Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Well Antigua certainly has saxophones made in China and made in Taiwan but that was not the point that I was making and that is that they might not be the owner of the factories manufacturing in China (this plant is clearly capable of a production way higher than the Antigua sales) or in Taiwan.

Discussion Starter · #30 ·
as for on the other thread about taiwanese saxophones my sources assure me that things are very much more complicated on Taiwan (and China) as they appear to be in the west.

Discussion Starter · #32 ·
I have found a very large Chinese facility which looks like it might be this one and declare to be a Sino-American enterprise! So it might be it, very very large though! They produce all sorts of instruments and employ thousands..........

Discussion Starter · #39 ·
I am positive that Mauriat and Antigua are owned by different people

1 - 14 of 14 Posts