Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,476 Posts
Jacob: Welcome to SOTW. I suppose, like with most saxophones, price and playability are the main issues. Antigua has been known as a decent, inexpensive Taiwanese-made brand, modeled on more expensive brands like Yanagisawa. The horn you pictured may or may not be worth a purchase. That depends on how it plays, how much you have to pay for it, and your needs.

Basically, yes, it is probably worth buying if the price fits into your budget. Do more research and play it first. DAVE

·
Registered
342 Posts
I just bought this exact horn a few weeks ago on Ebay for an astounding & rediculous $100, it's worth far more. I have not spent any time on it, but am impressed with what I have seen so far. I use it as a "trunk Horn" to back up my $$$$ horn.

It has good weight & balance. Feels solid in my hands & seems to have good intonation through out range. Has the feel of an intermediate rather than beginner horn.... I'd run in there right now & get more details for you, but my mouthpiece is at the office! I use a metal Jody Jazz 7 which wakes the horn up nicely.

Could we inquire as to the price on the horn?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Price it's about $400, but i'm from west/central Europe and it's one of the cheapest used sax, the same price like Keilwerth SKY Concert or Jupiter Jas 500, but Antigua is completly no name saxophone here. And is it As3100 ? I mail to Antigua Winds but i still wait for anserw.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts