Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone played one of these? I can get one of these horns for about $400 or $500, but I don't know if it is worth it. Currently I have a Bundy II and I don't know if I should go ahead and get the Antigua or save up more money and get a better one.

Some help would be appreciated!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,831 Posts
Save your money. If that's the new price for that model of Antigua, then it's nothing more than a student model, with a few more keys on it a pretty finish.

·
Registered
116 Posts
If it is in good condition that sounds like a fair price. Should be more ergonomic. I have not played one but if you search the site I am sure others have. I have heard one before and it had a "bright" Yamaha like tone.

·
Registered
149 Posts
It will be a good deal if it is in the working condition. A friend fo mine in Russia told me that they loved the 3220 design specially on the reaction and ergonomic when it compares to a lot of the horns which are made in Taiwan.

However, you will see alot of the peole whon will tell you otherwise, so It is all depends on you.

best luck

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,831 Posts

·
Banned
84 Posts
Has anyone played one of these? I can get one of these horns for about $400 or $500, but I don't know if it is worth it. Currently I have a Bundy II and I don't know if I should go ahead and get the Antigua or save up more money and get a better one.

Some help would be appreciated!
JUst purchased a two year old 3220 and it is like new, got it for a song although it is worth twice what was paid, so really pleased with it. I took it straight down to service technicians in London, Denmark street to have it checked over and was informed it was a great sax on many levels. All well, I found it easy to knock out a few scales and this is what I am learning saxophone on. Using 5c with 1.5 reeds. They are £2,889 brand new in the UK and now valued at £2,400 in present condition. Check out Downbeat magazine for a favourable review, written by Ed Knight.

·
Banned
84 Posts
JUst purchased a two year old 3220 and it is like new, got it for a song although it is worth twice what was paid, so really pleased with it. I took it straight down to service technicians in London, Denmark street to have it checked over and was informed it was a great sax on many levels. All well, I found it easy to knock out a few scales and this is what I am learning saxophone on. Using 5c with 1.5 reeds. They are £2,889 brand new in the UK and now valued at £2,400 in present condition. Check out Downbeat magazine for a favourable review, written by Ed Knight.
We have since discovered after looking at serial and model number that it is an Antigua Pro BS4240LQ Power Bell Baritone Sax, this is the pro model of the 3220.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.