Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist/Official SOTW Guru
3,763 Posts
csfsmash,

AsDave said, this one is pretty simple. You've posteda few requests for sheet music and to your credit, you've actually offered a transcription in return.
I'd suggest purchasing a fake book, if standards are what you're looking for. If it's just pop, novelty tunes and rock sax breaks, then I'd suggest getting some music notation software. You can then do a google search for the midi file of whatever song you're looking for, import it into the software program and extract the sax part as sheet music. The better the midi file, the better the sheet music.
Try finale or sibelius or similar.
If you want to try transcribing the songs yourself, download Audacity and use it to loop and slow down passages, etc.

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist/Official SOTW Guru
3,763 Posts
And another thing...."oh when the Saints" is a must tune to have "in your head and under your fingers."

As Gary said, learning this tune will really help you train your ear. The first two notes make an interval of a Major 3rd. Being able to hear this interval and pre-hear it, is a big deal.

The 3rd (major and minor) is what makes a chord major or minor. If you can hear a major 3rd (when the saints) and hear a minor 3rd, (Georgia on my mind) you can hear the difference between a major and minor chord.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.