Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,943 Posts
Does every sax from 'Merano' include a mpc refaced by a concrete brick?
:bluewink:

OUCH!!!!!

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,840 Posts
actually from having been several times to trade fairs I can tell you that the multicoloured Chinese saxophones (trumpets, flutes, ........) are on the decrease.
Aside from the States,they don't really sell in any interesting numbers and most Chinese makers are offering less colourful finishes. There is no telling how your Merano (a city in the Italian region of Alto Adige by the way) would be.

·
Undistinguished SOTW Member
723 Posts
That is a nice looking sax, probably from the same factory that puts out "Venus" and "Taishan".

·
Just a guy who plays saxophone.
3,576 Posts
I just bought a no name sax from China that was a left-over at one of the trade shows. Mine looks to be the same as the Venus and Taishan horns. No rolled tone holes though. I made a leak light and bought some basic tools (thank you tech threads!)...I am going to go to town on this thing next week! It will be my first attempt at repairs. Good thing for me that it came with plenty of leaks included. The case is a throw away (doesn't hold the horn well because the foam is rock hard, and it SMELLS FUNKY...not in a good way).

It plays cleanly and with a decent sound from F1 up to F#3...below F1 is a different story. This will be a fun, and likely very frustrating project to take on.

Mine was only $89...must be because I didn't get the concrete refaced mouthpiece...:mrgreen:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts