Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
17,996 Posts
As I don't read Ducth (?) it's hard to say.

It looks Germanic/Czech, although I gotta say....no 'telltale' signs are jumping out at me...without more pics (for goodness sake, why don't folks photograph both sides of a horn ?)...gonna be hard to give it an ID with some surety.

Are you looking to buy ? Have you purchased on eBay before ? You have to be careful....

You may want to PM member Milandro...he is very knowledgeable of 2nd-hand horns & the Dutch market...and he is in NL.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015
2,461 Posts
Auctioneer for my hobby task MARATHON tenor saxophone mouthpiece. Older but very well maintained instrument with age-related wear. All doors are common and dense. Nothing is worn out, the mouthpiece is almost new. The instrument has a very beautiful sound and plays well. Good, stable processing, no perforation corrosion. In addition, there is a black box with little signs of wear.
So, have fun bidding now.

EU law: private auction, no guarantee, warranty or return policy.
Or so google translate says.

·
Registered
149 Posts
From what I can find on the net, it looks like it might be a Rampone stencil, manufactured in Czechaslovakia (sp?). It is probably a beginner saxophone. Perhaps getting in touch with someone at R & C might be helpful in pinning down the date of manufacture, etc. Hope this helps.

sergeant

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,034 Posts
The text seems to say that the pads are OK and the lacquer is original. Site from NL but text is German. I think it is from Asia and possibley Japan.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,715 Posts
My bet is Czech....... Like the Sonara.
Built before the collapse of the iron curtain by small elderly women, dressed from head to toe in grey, shuffling about in dark sheds.
I would not touch it.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2016
17,996 Posts
or the women.
Duuuudes...have you not heard the.... thang.... about Eastern European women....?

You dunno what you are missin'. :lick: :tsk:

I would agree, nothing really R & C about that horn. I would doubt it's asian, either. the bellbrace and such looks German/Czech....perhaps something from the Amati factory or such....

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
6,715 Posts
thanks for the reply`s, i think i`m going to pass on this one its has 5 hours to go and its now on 100 dollars or so, with 40 dollar shipping
A wise decision methinks.

JayeSF
Yes, I have heard that thing about Eastern European women......they sometimes carry Kalashnikovs. :)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts