Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator Emerita
11,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am now certain that there is something written in the sky that says that I am destined to have the crazyest gigs ever. I thought that playing in a pedal boat was crazy. :cry:

Today I played with a band of 10 musicians as part of a shooting for hidden-camera gags. We did 2 gags wich lasted about 5 minutes each but we had to re-do each gag in alternance over and over and over. It took all day.

The first gag consisted of a religious ceromony in a park. There was a statue of the Virgin Mary wearing some kind of a cloth. Then at some point, the "victim" is asked to light up a candle and you've guessed it, the Virgin Mary catches on fire, and I mean not just a little, it kinda went "Woof!"
The band, well we're not doing anything other than pretending to look scared and get out of the way when a fake fireman puts-off the fire with a (real) extinguisher revealing a calcinated, barely recognisable Mother Mary.

In the second gag,our band was marching behind a funeral procession playing obviously, a funeral march when all of a suddent the band switches to Quando Quando (with the Samba whiste, cowbells and all) the whole procession starts dancing and grooving, the men carrying the coffin (a fake) swing the coffin back and foward, throw it up in the air and catch it. You'd have to be there to see it, it was absolutely hillarious.

So what did I do today? Oh I got paid to watch setting fire to the Virgin Mary 15 times and for some reason, I can't stop hearing Quando Quando in my mind!!! :help:

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,025 Posts
And you got paid too?!?

Closest thing I almost did was
A buddy and I were going to do live elevator music in an elevator downtown. I moved before we got around to it. There was a music festival that would have had us there with instruments and we were just going to cross the plaza and do it. This was planned the night after the festival, and I moved before the next one. I wonder if he got someone else and did it?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
13,025 Posts
We were thinking of doing the classic tune featured in the Blues Brothers movie.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Hey,K.C.P.!!!

Was that for Just For Laughs Gags? I love that show!:)

·
Administrator Emerita
11,597 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes. That was for the Just For Laugh Gags - This new serie of gags will be on the air starting around January 2008 on CBC channel. I have some pictures but I'd rather not post them here for copyright matters. If you'd like, send me an email and I'll send you some pics.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2014
26,316 Posts
kcp said:
I am now certain that there is something written in the sky that says that I am destined to have the crazyest gigs ever. I thought that playing in a pedal boat was crazy. :cry:

Today I played with a band of 10 musicians as part of a shooting for hidden-camera gags. We did 2 gags wich lasted about 5 minutes each but we had to re-do each gag in alternance over and over and over. It took all day.

The first gag consisted of a religious ceromony in a park. There was a statue of the Virgin Mary wearing some kind of a cloth. Then at some point, the "victim" is asked to light up a candle and you've guessed it, the Virgin Mary catches on fire, and I mean not just a little, it kinda went "Woof!"
The band, well we're not doing anything other than pretending to look scared and get out of the way when a fake fireman puts-off the fire with a (real) extinguisher revealing a calcinated, barely recognisable Mother Mary.

In the second gag,our band was marching behind a funeral procession playing obviously, a funeral march when all of a suddent the band switches to Quando Quando (with the Samba whiste, cowbells and all) the whole procession starts dancing and grooving, the men carrying the coffin (a fake) swing the coffin back and foward, throw it up in the air and catch it. You'd have to be there to see it, it was absolutely hillarious.

So what did I do today? Oh I got paid to watch setting fire to the Virgin Mary 15 times and for some reason, I can't stop hearing Quando Quando in my mind!!! :help:
:sign5: That's the funniest stuff I've read on SOTW. :salute:

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,183 Posts
If this stuff is on TV, I might have to start watching TV again.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts