Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
18,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In 1984 I visited a concert with Arnett Cobb, Johnny Griffin and Eddie 'Lockjaw' Davis in Nick Vollebregt's Jazzcafe in Laren, The Netherlands. It was broadcasted on Dutch radio by TROS Sesjun. I just uploaded another MP3 recording of that great concert (for me one of the greatest I've ever seen).

In this clip they play the blues "Bag's Groove" with really KILLING solo's of Lockjaw and Griffin (and a great one of Arnett too!). I just put a small clip under this mp3 and uploaded it to YouTube. Check it out, it's really fantastic! Johnny Griffin's solo is really a master piece of playing the blues.

By opening the description under the YouTube video you get a time index, via which you can jump directly to each of the tenor solo's.

or

Solo's:
00:44 - Arnett Cobb
02:32 - Eddie 'Lockjaw' Davis
04:34 - Johnny Griffin
08:16 - Butch Miles (drums)
10:28 - Closing theme

"The Nearness Of You" (featuring Arnett Cobb):
or

Enjoy!!!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
19,061 Posts
Re: Another clip of one of the best concerts I've ever seen: Cobb, Lockjaw and Griff in "Bag's Groov

Thank you, Peter, for posting these for all to enjoy!!

·
Premium Member
18,604 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Re: Another clip of one of the best concerts I've ever seen: Cobb, Lockjaw and Griff in "Bag's Groov

Glad you like it Bill :).

This music is (IMO) too good to only sit on my PC (it was never issued on record or CD as far as I know).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts