Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been lurking for a while, but I saw all the fellow Austinites and wanted to post a bit. I'm just getting back into the saxophone after a decade-long dry spell.

I finally have a bit of time scraped together to play -- and to listen! So I'm going to wander around Austin with my ears open for a while.

I got inspired to play again when a friend in a local orchestra said they might have a saxophone part in the next concert. Then (without tryout) the director gave the part to the bassoon. A bassoon! I was surprised at how disappointed I was that I wouldn't get to play again, so I resolved to wield the old horn again.

(I also play guitar, but I'm terrible at it. I've got a great teacher though, and I'm learning. Slowly.)

·
Registered
285 Posts
Nice! Nice name too....=) Good to have you back playing. I'm the same. I quit playing completely for the last 2 years and now I'm having to pick back up slowly and realize I sound like I'm in high school again...=P I'm in Tallahassee now, but originally from Austin, so the post appealed to me. Great to have you aboard, and if you spend any time here at all it will cost you your life's savings....=P

- Pat

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,647 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Hey fellow Austinites. I've gotten back into playing a couple years ago after a 20 year hiatus and was looking for some people to jam with as well as a a band to join. Love blues, rock, jazz, and classical. Any suggestions would be welcome. I play mostly Alto but have a tenor as well. Give me a shout back.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts