Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
7,600 Posts
Happy Birthday George.

I can't get it to play (buffering) so I'll enjoy later.

Keep playing 'till you get to the final fermata.

Notes

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,921 Posts
Happy birthday! Great playing ! Love that Chefs outfit. Cheers to good Cook’n.
🐷

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Sounding good- happy b-day!!:eek:ccasion:

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It was chicken stir fry with bok choy, bell peppers, snow peas, scallions & shiitake mushrooms with a huge dollop of Vietnamese chili garlic sauce over Basmati rice. Love my wok. It's a Selmer. I also use sake in the marinade. Yum!
G

·
Registered
638 Posts
Sound good, Happy Birthday George !

·
3,921 Posts
It was chicken stir fry with bok choy, bell peppers, snow peas, scallions & shiitake mushrooms with a huge dollop of Vietnamese chili garlic sauce over Basmati rice. Love my wok. It's a Selmer.
G
OK you officially gave me cravings for Chinese food today. Probably was the part about the snow peas and mushrooms.
I’ll add the bean sprouts and bamboo shoots to my mix.
I didn’t know Selmer made woks?

·
Registered
3,800 Posts
Always good stuff, George! Loved it. I hope I can play like that when I'm 82...what am I saying? I wish I could play like that at 66! :)
All the best and Happy Birthday!

George

·
3,230 Posts
Hello George, another trip around the sun! i hope you are enjoying the ride. You are sounding as good as ever. i have always struggled with that song, so i totally respect you making it sound so good. Nice altissimo too. i like what you do on the fade at the end.

·
SOTW Columnist and Forum Contributor 2015-2016
3,832 Posts
82 with a tone like that! Hell yes! Sounds great!!!

Happy birthday and thanks for sharing with all of us!

- Saxaholic

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Great to hear from you Mascio, glad you liked it. I took it slightly "out" in a few places just for fun.
Hope you are well and playing up a storm. Speaking of Italian tenor players, I really like Max Ionata's playing. Have you listened to any of his stuff? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WmdR-T-XGM
Hope we both have a good year full of music & good health.
George

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Saxaholic: Thanks for listening & your kind words. The sound seems to stay, but the fingers get a bit lazy.
Just keep moving forward!
George

·
3,230 Posts
Saxaholic: Thanks for listening & your kind words. The sound seems to stay, but the fingers get a bit lazy.
Just keep moving forward!
George
Oh yes. Max is absolutely terrific. My playing will never get anywhere near that level, but i enjoy playing all the same. i, like you, just try to keep moving forward, or at least slow down the diminishing skills.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts