Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
It's hard to tell what attracts an animal... is it the sound, the music, the person (does he have food?), or maybe the motion?
But I know I've gained some credibility with my cats because when I take out my sax and begin to play, they don't immediately leave the room like they used to.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
My cats and dog always run away fast whenever I play my saxophone.

But I wonder if that says more about them, or me?

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
True story: last year I composed some tracks for a project, and while it didn't have any sax, my colleague said that one of them in particular sent her cats scurrying. If I can just figure out the harmonics, I'll market it to fellow cat haters.

·
Forum Contributor 2013-2016
Guitar and saxophone
420 Posts
Our Yorkiepoo, Zelda, has never reacted either way to my sax playing. That's not her in my avatar - it's my older son's now-deceased-and-cremated Maggi. She didn't mind my sax playing either. She was a black and white, predominantly sheep dog of some sort mixed breed. But she was one smart dog. i swear that dog could think and reason.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
12,710 Posts
My cat never seemed to care but Ive never had a dog that especially cared for it. Sometimes they would leave..sometimes not...but the majority of the time they left the room. Im not sure if its because of the frequencies or sheer volume of a saxophone in close proximity (or both).

1 - 11 of 11 Posts