Sax on the Web Forum banner

Anello Mouthpieces

5K views 10 replies 5 participants last post by  Trizno 
#1 ·
Anyone have any experience with these? I'm curious if they are any good as a classical mouthpiece. I'm also curious about his jazz pieces as well. Any opinions?

~Matt

#10 ·
Just got one of his pieces a couple of days ago. I have the XOR2 tenor mouthpiece which, according to his website, is supposed to be similar to a Berg Larson 110/2. To me the mouthpiece is more like a Meyer than a Berg - nice warm sound but with some punch when needed. I've found that in order to play in tune this mouthpiece needs to be out a little more than half way on the cork - further out than most mouthpieces I've played. As far as reeds go, I've found that Java 3s and Rico Royal 3s work pretty well. Got a couple of gigs this weekend, so I will have a chance to see how the mouthpiece does in the "real world."

#11 ·
Anyone have any experience with these? I'm curious if they are any good as a classical mouthpiece. I'm also curious about his jazz pieces as well. Any opinions?

~Mattth
I've tried and purchased an Anello MR for tenor. I didn't need another mouthpiece, but this one played so well, I purchased it. It has a dark tradition saxophone sound with a slight warm buzz (with a Vandoren Java Red 3). I have experience playing classical mouthpieces for jazz. My particular Anello could be played for classical.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.