Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
4,579 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone here hip to her? 24 years old, sings, plays trumpet, and alto sax. Has had albums out since she was like 15 or so. A fine player IMO and lovely voice.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,835 Posts
beautiful playing and singing I often watch her videos on you tube

·
Premium Member
15,479 Posts
I’ve been a fan of hers for years.
Such a beautiful voice and very talented saxophone and trumpet player.

Always fun to listen to!

·
Banned
28,511 Posts
Yeah, she's a big thing here in Barcelona, her hometown.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Yes, I remember with pleasure,
when a few years ago my son showed me her silhouette on the Internet, she delighted me with her natural and tasty playing and singing.
I once mentioned here at SOTW how Andrea's performance of "Moody's Mood For Love" with Joan Chamorro quintet & Scott Hamilton influenced me so much, that after listening to it - for the next few days I arranged this song for tenor sax so as to get a similar impression. To this day, it is one of the songs that I like to play the most.
In fact, many talented young people are educated (learn and play) with Joan - a lot of material to listen, admire and inspire. I like her (and their) interpretations very much - taste, good taste ...

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
:love2:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts
I’ve also followed her for years on YouTube. Saw her live at Stanford Jazz last year. Sounding great!

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
Joan Chamorro is a wizard with these kids he's mentored in Spain. I've never seen anyone like him or the program he runs. He has students as young as six years old playing in his orchestra. And as far as Andrea, at 24 she is already an accomplished musician. Here she is with Eva Fernandez at around 12 or 13.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYkp9_OgdV0

The Jazz Kids created by Joan Chamorro:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kepEY0nMaNU

1 - 14 of 14 Posts