Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,878 Posts
There is a place in the music world for this kind of work, and it is very well done, although it's not what I usually listen to.
Do I hear an ambiguity at 1:00-1:00, where the harmony is minor a step below the initial minor chord, but you keep playing the previous minor scale sound before you finally resolve it? Was that on purpose or did it just happen? Or am I just hearing things that aren't really there?

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,919 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is a place in the music world for this kind of work, and it is very well done, although it's not what I usually listen to.
Do I hear an ambiguity at 1:00-1:00, where the harmony is minor a step below the initial minor chord, but you keep playing the previous minor scale sound before you resolve finally it? Was that on purpose or did it just happen? Or am I just hearing things that aren't really there?
It just happened. I knew the change was coming up, but I was just playing along warming up and getting to know the track, and noticed heard the change a split second later than it happened. C'est la vie.

This was a first take, (warts and all) which the producer decided to keep due to it's strangeness.

It's a d minor going down to a c minor and as it hits the C minor I play F E F so the E is a kind of neighbour note to the F and , well, there you go that's what happened.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts