Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2008
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone!

I have a somewhat unusual question (I believe) for all the techs on here.

Is it possible to add a high E key to a mark vi 'nino? I have sent an email to the guys at tenor madness, and just wanted other opinions, also.

Thanks!

·
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I don't play the 'nino, my professor is the one playing it. I will pass it along to him!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
34,722 Posts
ianhart said:
Is it possible to add a high E key to a mark vi 'nino?
The dogs in the neighborhood say "Please, no."

·
Distinguished SOTW member, musician, technician &
5,049 Posts
Just guessing, but maybe when adding a new hole they would solder one instead of drawing it...? The size and location I guess the best would be copying from the most similar model with that key you can find and hope.

·
830 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
With that, it would probably be more along the lines of measure many times, and decide not to drill. ;)

Thanks for the replies everyone, I have forwarded all of the information along to my professor.

·
Registered
629 Posts
Depends how much of a treasured possesion it is, but he could mill a vertical slot in on the body then fabricate a plate with a tone hole and try it in various positions along the slot. Once the optimal position was arrived at the plate tone hole would be soldered on and a suitable key added. With a competent tech shouldn't be impossible to acheive a reasonable looking job.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts