Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
386 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Back before I put down the sax (which I have recently picked up again) I used to go back and forth between alto and bari all the time. I never had any issue switching it up. But if I'd pick up a tenor I just could never get it to blow. It was like the embouchure required for tenor was totally different than alto and bari, rather than something in between.

Maybe it was all the pot I was smoking back then. I don't know.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member and Champion of the C-Me
2,057 Posts
No, 58tenor, you may forget what you did whilst you were doing it, but you don't forget doing it......:)

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2009
3,204 Posts
Rowka said:
Maybe it was all the pot I was smoking back then. I don't know.
Guess so. I quit that bastard, and since then my chops went up at a speed I couldn't hold for possible. But I never had problems on the bari or an alto of friends.

And it might as well be that the tenor-setup was just not the right thing. I switch from soprano to tenor to bariton to alto and back without problems.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I'm experiencing the same thing.
I've been thinking about this and one conclusion I've made is that the reason for _me_ is that I'm used to playing mouthpieces with medium-short/short lays on the other horns. Those are not very common on the tenor, where most mpcs are medium-long or long.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts