Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
:) :D Hello. My name is Kowalczyk, Ian, Kowalczyk. I recently, yesterday that is, sat down and brainstormed of a neat idea of an object that could be used all over the saxophone community. I call it the "Silent Saxophone." I designed it similar to that of an EWI, but with a selector switch on the side that would allow you to change the sound to Soprano, Alto, Tenor, and Bari. What this really is, is a "Portable Saxophone." It is designed for those who are not always able to have a saxophone around, or for more quiet areas. What this really is, is a nonexpensive soprano sized controller that you can plug you headphones in to, and all at the price of $300 or possibly more, except with actual saxophone buttons, unlike an EWI. It is Cheaper than an EWI, and it is cheaper than a sound module of course, and also cheaper than a portab;e alto sound case, which I have not seen made for Tenor or Bari, (not that I would really want to carry that while playing either. This does not play with an amplifier, but meant more for long trips, hotels, while the baby is sleeping, apartments, etc. I designed it to play multiphonics, ad a low "A" key, and to have an altissimo octave key, it would also be equipped with a rechargeable battery, or made for an adaptor when the battery is not charged. How practical do you think that this really is? How do you guys think this will work out? Please post your pros, and Conns (he he). Thankyou, and feel free to share all of your ideas. PLEASE POST IDEAS!!!

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Yamaha already hold the patents (and prototypes) of this very idea. A full functioning saxophone that can be played silently.

Steve P

·
Banned
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I knew that they had a controller, but I didn't know that it had saxophone fingerings on it. Is it portable like was said above? that would be really cool. Oh also do you know how much? I always become sad after finding out that Japanese people always have produced my ideas before I come up with them

·
Forum Contributor 2011, SOTW's pedantic pet rodent
8,322 Posts
ChuBerry47 said:
:) :D Hello. My name is Kowalczyk, Ian, Kowalczyk. I recently, yesterday that is, sat down and brainstormed of a neat idea of an object that could be used all over the saxophone community. I call it the "Silent Saxophone." I designed it similar to that of an EWI, but with a selector switch on the side that would allow you to change the sound to Soprano, Alto, Tenor, and Bari. What this really is, is a "Portable Saxophone." It is designed for those who are not always able to have a saxophone around, or for more quiet areas. What this really is, is a nonexpensive soprano sized controller that you can plug you headphones in to, and all at the price of $300 or possibly more, except with actual saxophone buttons, unlike an EWI. It is Cheaper than an EWI, and it is cheaper than a sound module of course, and also cheaper than a portab;e alto sound case, which I have not seen made for Tenor or Bari, (not that I would really want to carry that while playing either. This does not play with an amplifier, but meant more for long trips, hotels, while the baby is sleeping, apartments, etc. I designed it to play multiphonics, ad a low "A" key, and to have an altissimo octave key, it would also be equipped with a rechargeable battery, or made for an adaptor when the battery is not charged. How practical do you think that this really is? How do you guys think this will work out? Please post your pros, and Conns (he he). Thankyou, and feel free to share all of your ideas. PLEASE POST IDEAS!!!
At last. An idiot after my own heart:) :D I am in the process of developing a similar idea. My intention is to make the whole thing "eco-friendly" by equipping my unit with a small rechargeable backpack that runs wholely on human sweat and urine. I am told this is perfectly feasible. Please be aware that any patent infringements of my idea will be dealt with severely.:evil:

·
Banned
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If you don't mind, I would be interested in working with you. Sure, I may be younger, but quite the business man at that. With your Urinating abilities, and may playing abilities, we can RULE THE WORLD!!!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHA!:twisted: :twisted: :cheers: :salute: :badgrin: :badgrin: Oh by the way, I lived in England for three years of my life, in West Reiceland. It is a Heck of a lot better than america. Oh anyway Bwahahahahaha!!!!

·
8,322 Posts
"West Reiceland" must have something in the water that fosters a person's genius. I was born there myself. Would you believe it?:D

·
Banned
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
RootyTootoot said:
"West Reiceland" must have something in the water that fosters a person's genius. I was born there myself. Would you believe it?:D
That's amazing! I lived their three years. I'm guessing there is something in the water that creates geniuses. I love it there I would give anything to go back. I went to london every weekend. You don't mind if I add you to my friends list, do you?:)

·
Banned
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
edhara said:
But can you recycle the urine for...

.. oh, never mind.
Or we could have a pink and green fanny pack that runs from internal human combustion so the player has more air to breathe!! :D

·
8,322 Posts
ChuBerry47 said:
That's amazing! I lived their three years. I'm guessing there is something in the water that creates geniuses. I love it there I would give anything to go back. I went to london every weekend. You don't mind if I add you to my friends list, do you?:)
Not in the least. As long as my sweat and urine is not at issue. It's got some very "special" qualities, you see. (research literature to follow)

·
8,322 Posts
martysax said:
Sounds like a normal situation. Why the backpack?
How dare you refer to me as "normal", you bounder!!:x

G

·
ChuBerry47 said:
I don't know, maybe we could use a Pink and Green Fanny Pack!:D
:shock:
err hello, umm, dirty words list.
Oh well, seeing as it isn't verboten yet I might as well give it a whirl...

Fanny. huh, huh,....huh. :D

Divided by a common language. Gotta love it!

·
Banned
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Dan Molloy said:

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!:D :D

·
8,322 Posts
Dan Molloy said:

What!! There's a "dirty words list"!! Is this a police state or what? I demand my rights!! We should all feel free to wave our fannies around as much as we please!!

·
Banned
3,781 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
RootyTootoot said:
What!! There's a "dirty words list"!! Is this a police state or what? I demand my rights!! We should all feel free to wave our fannies around as much as we please!!
I agree!:|

I really need to keep more track of these types of lists. Do you think that their is one for outward appearances?

1 - 20 of 27 Posts