Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been using this mic and love it. However, the guy in the band who controls the PA turn me up halfway and he says I should be blaring loud but we hardly get anything. He has to turn me up quite a bit to get a reasonable level. I have my recevier set to mic and I'm pretty sure the input on the pa is set to mic. What could the issue be? I know AMT says that "squelch" thing on the recevier is set at the factory and shouldn't be touched. However they go on to talk about adjusting it. Any tips would be appreciated.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I'm sorry if this seems obvious, but it actually happened to me. Make sure the volume on your receiver is turned all the way, or almost all the way up. I was just trying to let the sound guy control everything, but I actually needed to turn it up on my receiver. I had it about 9 o'clock.

·
Registered
684 Posts
I concur with wtsax. I own the same unit. The manual says to turn the gain on the receiver all the way up and then adjust your gain on the board.
If it's too hot hot around the monitors I tail it off a bit.

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah, I talked to a tech guy at AMT and he told me the same thing. I have the dial turned all the way up on the front of the receiver and it's been working much better. Last night though, I was feedbacking and he told me to turn my dial down. Wouldn't that be something that HE should adjust on the PA? We were cramped and I was right in front of the guitar amp so I'm sure that's probably what it was.

·
Registered
338 Posts
I keep the gain on my receiver at about 9/10 as well as the gain on the transmitter. Is your transmitter gain turned up?

·
878 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm not even sure how to adjust the gain on the transmitter. I thought I wasn't supposed to mess with it. Do you need a tiny screwdriver to turn it?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I am a new user of the Wi5 - I used it this weekend a couple of times. It sounds great, and finally, no key noise. Regarding volume on the transmitter -I just looked at the manual - there is no volume adjust on the transmitter. There is a channel selector, however, and it does look kind of like a tiny volume knob.

·
Registered
338 Posts
There is a gain adjust on my transmitter. It's on the same side as the switch, it requires a small screwdriver, and it says "GAIN" above it in white lettering.

I've had my WI-5 for about two years, maybe the more recent manufacture have done away with it?

·
Registered
101 Posts
That is interesting! They must have changed the design for some reason. As a long-time user, anything you would do to improve the setup?

·
Registered
338 Posts
I might change the mounting to make it more flexible as to where you can clip it to the horn. I haven't modified mine at all - generally it just works. My problems stem more from my in-ear monitor than my mic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts