Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone could shed some light on the channel system the amt roam uses.

I have been reading up and i think the mic will suit me well - however i am greatly confused by the wireless channel choices that they give you. It states there are 5 USA channels and 4 European to decide between. I live in Australia but would be ordering the mic from the states and was wondering whether this would have any bearing on the channel i choose? ie: is there any advantage or necessity to have a european channel in europe or vice versa?

Thanks.
Jimmy.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Logician
26,454 Posts
In the States, the AMT Roam operates on the UHF band, which some television stations use. I know folks in the mid-west have had some problems as there is a TV station out there that broadcasts within the Roam range. What you need to figure out is what sort of signal the European model uses and then see if there's anything local that might be broadcasting within that frequency band. Then of course you have to make sure no one else in your band is stuck on the channel you choose, as the Roam is set for one channel only.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts