Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Yes they have great memory. Iknow that remco and Ties studied with Arno Bornkamp, and I think the others did that also, but I am not sure. The aurelian saxophonequartet alsways performs without sheetmusic. They feel they can make a better contact with the audience.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, they all studied with Arno. When I saw Aurelia last year they played with music (concert with harp). Arno said that for new programs they use music, but yes most concerts/recordings are from memory e.g Two to Tango and Blow. But for Amstel its a stunning effort to memorise the Glaz quartet!

·
Registered
205 Posts
Thanx fot the link by the way. It is now placed on the dutch sax forum, so a lot of people can enjoy it. Hopefully it makes a lot of people love classic saxophone. I think the soprano sounds wonderfull and even better than Johan van der Linden.

·
Registered
31 Posts
The-A-Sax said:
Yes they have great memory. Iknow that remco and Ties studied with Arno Bornkamp, and I think the others did that also, but I am not sure. The aurelian saxophonequartet alsways performs without sheetmusic. They feel they can make a better contact with the audience.
Aurelia does not play ALWAYS without sheets. I saw them 5 time and they did always one or two pieces without sheets. Al the members of the Amstel studied with Arno.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Ellis said:
Aurelia does not play ALWAYS without sheets. I saw them 5 time and they did always one or two pieces without sheets. Al the members of the Amstel studied with Arno.
That has to be "Alway`s play" {I think}

1 - 7 of 7 Posts