Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am new to soprano, and after reading everything on SOTW and Google, I bought a Bauhaus-Walstein bronze straight soprano from Russ Becker in Clinton, CT (www.russbecker.com) and a via Coro mouthpiece from Joe Giardullo at SopranoPlanet (www.sopranoplanet.com) and Gonzalez 2.5 reeds per Joe's recommendation. Russ had sent me a warmup exercise that gave me trouble on the upper and lower ends before I got Joe's mouthpiece. Today I put everything together, and to my amazement, I played everything! Of course I have a lot of work to do with my embouchure, but for the first time with a soprano (I had tried a few others, including a Yani curved, and had some success with a Rousseau mpc and Vandoren and Hemke reeds) I feel comfortable and ready to go.

I cannot recommend these two gentlemen too highly--they not only stand by their products but they go the extra distance to help the customer.:lick:

·
Registered
388 Posts
x2 on the Via Coro, on my Yani straight. Great playability and customized to please. I haven't worked up to the #2.5 reeds on mine - still using Gonzo #2.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Hi, I too have recently bought a bauhous Walstein Soprano (but curved) here in UK, after reading the reviews on SOTW, I also use one of Joes at sopranoplanets MPs the Rue lapis and I am very pleased with both!
I use the BG standard ligature, but I am still sorting reeds.
have fun
John

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
The Via Coro is a killer, enjoy the great setup!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts