Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Forum Contributor 2014-2017
1,000 Posts
Just wonderful. Speaking as an "Amanda's Dad" myself (mine doesn't play saxophone), I'd say you have a lot to be proud of.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Great stuff!!

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
Very nice. I really like her vibrato. Band's got some wicked intonation problems in the tuttis. Hard for a soloist to overcome at times, and she held firm. Good going, kid.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Nice job and +1 for the even vibrato and tone without over doing it. Assume this is one of SBCC's groups? Well-known locally in Santa Barbara for producing shows with up and coming artists! Proud papa for sure.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
jddartdds, yes, these are the Jazz Bands at SBCC.

The first set with Amanda doing her solos is the 'Good Times' band, basically the first Jazz band students enroll in.
The second & small band is the 'A-Combo' jazz improv class.
The last band is the 'Lunch Break' band. This is the top student Jazz Band at SBCC.
This is the band asking her to play soprano, flute & piccolo.

Next month Amanda will be playing with the Monday Madness band which is comprised of working musicians (majority) and a few students.
Can't wait for that performance.

·
Forum Contributor 2015-2016
1,521 Posts
Well good for her! Congrats go out to her. I would have liked to have heard her in person.

And now, since this is SOTW, you have to indulge us, by divulging to us, her sax setups!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Great performance! You can tell her that. I hope my new instrument will give inspiration tot get ever to that level ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts