Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, so it's not very long, but for concert band it's pretty exciting....
for those that can't wait, it starts at 3:00 into the song.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
5,483 Posts
Congrats to the proud Papa and props out to Amanda for excellent execution! Yes it was way too short, but even more surprising to me is that a saxophone even got a solo in this type of orchestration! The only one!

Nice recording btw!

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2012-2015
5,886 Posts
I would feel proud too. She looks very confident in what she's doing. Congrats!

·
VENDOR "Innovation over imitation"
16,060 Posts
Congrats!
I love fathers who really take pride in their children....I share that same joy with you.
Beautiful alto sound.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the kind words.

Congrats to the proud Papa and props out to Amanda for excellent execution! Yes it was way too short, but even more surprising to me is that a saxophone even got a solo in this type of orchestration! The only one!....
Exactly! She's had solos in her Jazz Combo concerts, but basically all players do at one point or another. THIS was somewhat special.

.........She looks very confident in what she's doing. Congrats!
Odd you would say that, I think that way too, but leading up to solo performances she used to be very self conscience. I think in the last year she has gained a lot of confidence in her ability to play, and play well.

·
2,011 Posts
Fantastic......she should be proud of herself.....keep up the good work......it is so nice to see proud pops.....Merry Christmas...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Please tell Amanda there is an old dude in Ohio that is proud for her and that she and her dad rocks! My dad did not get to any of my concerts because he was always working. He missed out on my solos. Great job and thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Thanks again folks for the comments. Sometimes it takes taking a step back to see the growth, musically & emotionally (not physically, she's still 'bout 5'! - Boy am I gonna get it if she reads this :bluewink: ).

Please tell Amanda there is an old dude in Ohio that is proud for her and that she and her dad rocks! My dad did not get to any of my concerts because he was always working. He missed out on my solos. Great job and thanks for sharing!
Honknsing, I know the feeling. I wrestled in H.S. and my parents never attended a match or tournament. My neighbors would come to watch me sometimes. I vowed not to do that to my children. Took days off to watch our son play water polo & drums in H.S. band. And Amanda play sax. Sometimes to their embarrassment.......dad yelled pretty loud at water polo games! :mrgreen:

·
The most prolific Distinguished SOTW poster, Forum
27,650 Posts
Honknsing, I know the feeling. I wrestled in H.S. and my parents never attended a match or tournament. My neighbors would come to watch me sometimes. I vowed not to do that to my children. Took days off to watch our son play water polo & drums in H.S. band. And Amanda play sax.
AmandasDad, my father was not very demonstrative to us kids. But to this day, I'll never forget the time that our HS band played its annual concert for the school (during afternoon school hours), when I had a featured solo in front of the band. My dad never said that he'd go, when I mentioned it, but I walked out on stage, and I just happened to look up into the balcony and there he was, standing in the back. When I finished playing, I looked up and he was gone. It was unlike him to take time off like this during work hours. But he did. And I'll never forget it. Good for you. It means a lot.

·
3,351 Posts
Amandasdad
Woww now this what I call a full orchestra!
First,she s very lucky that indeed you are suporting her into her music journey!
She also sounded very nice in her solo!
All the best
Saxobari

1 - 17 of 17 Posts