·
Forum Contributor 2013-2016
Guitar and saxophone
420 Posts
Welcome to SOTW and good luck!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
7,356 Posts
Why don't you readily show the chamber and baffle area of your mouthpieces on your website? This is the only area most saxophone players really care about.

I'm not saying you do, but failure to show these things often makes people assume you have something to hide.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
5,474 Posts
Yeah, good luck with the lineup! The work looks good but I agree with littlewailer - for this crowd it would be very beneficial to have photos of the baffle and chamber. Like on your Contact page, looks like one of your Luna models, yes?

Also, one other suggestion - you've got a bunch of pics on your Museum page, would be very nice to have a short, explanatory text of what we're looking at eg, size of piece (alto/tenor/otherwise), material, baffle/chamber description, when made...

You seem to have a nice story - don't short change it by leaving out some salient info!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Why don't you readily show the chamber and baffle area of your mouthpieces on your website? This is the only area most saxophone players really care about.

I'm not saying you do, but failure to show these things often makes people assume you have something to hide.
I totally agree little wailer and I'm sorry I haven't been on the forum in a while. I didn't show the chamber and or the table design because at the time I wasn't patent pending. Now that I am I encourage you to take a look at the new website. Thx for the input. "Play the Difference"

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I know. There just so many of them. Lol. I just wanted to show that i do indeed make these by hand and that it's been a long journey to get where I'm at. Thx for the input.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
Hey, you're an Alabama guy...I used to be one, too! I saw Gary Wheat on your video page and that piqued my interest. You might want to consider a pass-around for SOTW. That would definitely get you some buzz going.

Edited to say that I just saw Gadsden on your profile...I'm a Jax State man!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
33,896 Posts
I totally agree little wailer and I'm sorry I haven't been on the forum in a while. I didn't show the chamber and or the table design because at the time I wasn't patent pending. Now that I am I encourage you to take a look at the new website. Thx for the input. "Play the Difference"
OK, I'll bite. What is there about a mouthpiece that can be patented? Is it something that was already being done, that you have now patented?

I'd love to be able to patent the technology for having a hole through the mouthpiece. Hmm, maybe call it the "Enhanced Sound Emission Channel". Does it make the mouthpiece sound better? You bet! It wouldn't make a sound without it. :twisted:

Update: Thanks for showing the patented "Resonance Chamber" - I guess the intent is to expand chamber volume in the biggest way. Fun with a mill.

Comments: I'm not big on Angry Bird on your Aras. I hope it appeals to others. Finishes - I know it'd be more for you to track, but it might be nice to have the options of either finish on both mouthpieces.

G'luck!

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
For ME, the wider profile is not good. Florida or EB STM ergonomically works great for me. I've tried some other new metal mouthpiece designs that are wider or taller (bite plate), what's wrong with tried and true?
Off topic, a bit, Mitch....my wife, Jan, is the hugest Gary Sinise fan on earth. Can you get her an autographed photo of him? She's actually watching all nine seasons of CSINY right now. I might need to be jealous:angry4:

·
Self confessed GAS monster! Forum Contributor 2013
5,152 Posts
So has anyone (any forum member) tried 1 of these AM mouthpieces yet?
I am genuinely curious to try 1 after reading that they are similar to Guardala and other similar style pieces to compare them and also to see what different the hole in the table makes, to me the Aras looks like a hybrid between a Deep V and a DG king and I also wonder is how strong the remaining bit of table in the middle is?
Maybe ammouthpieces can put my mind at ease :) ?
I wish you well with your new line of mouthpieces, they certainly look a bit different.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts