Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
i've been wondering if people do play with Vandorene Jazz reeds , i think i've found the a reed that suits me alot , for me it gives me the best feeling :)
do anyone use that reed too ?

Cheers

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
Yes, I use the ZZ Vandorens (mainly in #2 strength) when I use cane reeds on anything (sop, alto, clarinet). On alto, I always end up adjusting them (meaning scraping off some of the vamp with a sharp knife). I switched from the Java designs a while back and found the ZZ's to be a bit more substantial over the long haul. DAVE

·
Registered
26 Posts
Ditto the ZZ'z. Good useful life for the money and generally play more easily and reliably than the Javas

·
Registered
659 Posts
Dave and Michael are right on as far as I'm concerned. I was using Java Reds, then tried the ZZ's and like them a lot better. I found them easier to play. I use 2.5 strength.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah thanks for your opinions everybody i'm using 2.5 too . and i was wondering is it the same with Rico Royal ?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
Yes. I used to use Rico Royals but switched to Vandorens (and Alexanders intermittently) years ago. When I go back to the Rico Royals I still have, I like the Vandorens and Alexanders better. A very personal choice, though. Others see it exactly opposite. DAVE

1 - 6 of 6 Posts