Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. many, MANY years ago, my dad played the recorder seriously. He eventually stopped playing, most likely do to a lack of repertoire. Now, he has a $600 professional alto recorder sitting in a case doing nothing. When ever he is reminded of it's existence, he tells me that he would be happy seeing me play it. Should i pick it up? i know there are some baroque pieces on IMSLP like Handel and Bach, but what else is there to play? is it difficult/different compared to clarinet?

·
Distinguished SOTW Member.
1,526 Posts
Much easier initially than clarinet, as your embouchure requirements are simpler to start... I have just purchased an Adler pearwood alto recorder to go with my Adler boxwood soprano... Yes there are baroque pieces aplenty available, but one can blow blues, jazz, pop songs or any songs you like... Recorder and acoustic guitar is a nice duo sitch to practice in, any style...

·
1,526 Posts
BTW, The Addams Family theme is a great tune to perform for kids, give them the finger snap part and you can be the 'Pied Piper', kids dig it!

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,789 Posts
and then when you get really good you put up a video like this

·
1,526 Posts
Milandro, this cat is a monster, great neckstrap too!

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,789 Posts
yeah his technique is mind boggling really!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts