Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
15,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I need some help/advice please. I was playing last night when middle C and C# as well as high C and C# all just died. All other notes from low Bb to high F# speak perfectly. These notes are just totally dead sounding and major league flat. The C key feels a little "off" as well. Any ideas? Suggestions? I am off to see the tech this weekend when I am not working. Thank you very much.

·
Registered
841 Posts
If it's affecting your C# then it's a problem with one of the keys that are normaly sprung shut, like the side keys and palm keys. Your problem is probably in there someplace, just have your tech look at it as you are planning and he should be able to make it right.

-Scott

·
Forum Contributor 2007-2012, Distinguished SOTW Te
3,314 Posts
Sounds like the spring has come off the C# vent key- also called the "bar key". Pull out your horn, finger B and C and open C#, and see if the little pad cup above the pad cup with the B pearl on it stays halfway down, or looks listless. If so, check and see if the spring has popped off. You may be able to just pop it back on, if that is the cause.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts