Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

I recently picked up a tenor. It's an 80's Selmer Bundy II with a stock mouthpiece. I grabbed a Vandoren BB 2.5 reed to try it out with and it's been working pretty good so far. I typically run Lavoz Medium Hard on Alto...does that translate directly to Tenor? I went a little softer initially because of the change in embouchure/mouthpiece size. Should I step up to a 3?

Also...what reeds do you suggest for a brighter sound? I like bright modern, fusion style tenor...that's where I want to get my tone eventually. I have a Dukoff D8 for my alto and it really rips with the Lavoz medium hard. Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Lol...that's the mouthpiece it came with! I'm very new to tenor and wanted to try it out a bit before I invested in a new mouthpiece. I'm thinking I might just try a Metalite since they are so cheap and most likely a better playing/sounding mouthpiece than the stock Bundy one. It's interesting that you are suggesting heavier!

Also....since you brought it up...have you had any work done on your Dukoff or is it stock?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts