Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased an alto sax Martin with engraved 'The Martin Alto' and serial number 305645. I would like to know how old is my sax. On web pages http://www.themartinstory.net/ I found the Martin's serial number and my sax might be about 1967 year, isn't it ?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Ciao Paolo! Saluti da Trieste..
Let me know how you feel with it, after I discovered my Martin tenor and how it plays (wow!) I was looking around for a Martin alto of about that age.
Great instruments, anyway. I couldn't find any intonation problem even with my 1937 Imperial Handcraft, even if it's still not set up properly..
Congratulations for the deal, hope you'll be satisfied as I was..

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Technician
21,034 Posts
I have an Imperial Alto (for sale) in the 315,xxx range and it is from 1970 so you should be about right with 1967. These last Martins were great players and are still priced low. I think that 1970 or so would be the end of the run of the Elkhart Martins before Leblanc got them from Japan.

·
Registered
21 Posts
bruce bailey said:
I have an Imperial Alto (for sale) in the 315,xxx range and it is from 1970 so you should be about right with 1967. These last Martins were great players and are still priced low. I think that 1970 or so would be the end of the run of the Elkhart Martins before Leblanc got them from Japan.
Should be one of the last made by Martin.. From the info I have Leblanc took over the rights in 1971, selling Yani models with Martin name...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts