Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,937 Posts
Insufficient packing error.

If a horn is not in its case, it needs a lot more protection than that. Shipping insurance will likely NOT cover the damage since it was a user error.

The key and guard are just the obvious damage, there is probably more that you haven't seen.

Send it back and stop buying such "bargains" unless you are just collecting wall hangers. If wall hangers are the focus of your collection, then this horn is fine.

·
Registered
490 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will update how this turns out ..

Repair guy estimates 1 hour and half work , if this is the only job to be done , it is gonna be sax [email protected], bargain number 17 and counting ....

I go for wallhangers AND Players at the same time ! PERIOD 😎👍

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2015-
32,937 Posts

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,895 Posts
Should I ask the seller for some compensation ?
Was it sent insured? Did the seller tell you it was not in a case, just a saxophone in a cardboard box?

·
Banned
2,814 Posts
I will update how this turns out ..

Repair guy estimates 1 hour and half work , if this is the only job to be done , it is gonna be sax [email protected], bargain number 17 and counting ....

I go for wallhangers AND Players at the same time ! PERIOD 😎👍
I go for saxophones that aren't sent to me in freaking cardboard boxes with a few styrofoam peanuts......period. But hey, whatever floats yer boat.

·
Distinguished SOTW member/, Official SOTW Sister
19,205 Posts
I had a baritone sax shipped to me in a cardboard box and shipping peanuts. It arrived in a HECK of a lot better shape than that one.
Old Beuford was a surprise gift so
I had no reason to complain. $125 for a couple pads and a few simple adjustments and that old 400 has been serving me and my son in law quite well over the past 7 years.
To actually purchase a sax without a case... That's just asking for damage.

·
Banned
2,844 Posts
Its surely a poor packing job. Obviously a Martin, so I disagree with some others here. its not a wall hanger. Even a student grade Martin can hang with some of the best in tone. If the tone hole is not warped it is repairable and not that hard.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts