Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
448 Posts
Out of those two, the Berg will be louder and edgier, and if it's finished well, it will probably have a better core than the Runyon. Note that this isn't neccessarily true, it's just my experience.

Also, if you want the loudest alto mouthpiece on the planet, check out the Brancher SOTW's own MojoBari re-worked.

http://www.mojomouthpiecework.com/ForSale/tabid/62/AlbumID/388-6/Default.aspx

He says it's the loudest mouthpiece on the planet, and judging by the looks of it...he has to be correct!

· Registered
448 Posts
By leaving the "window" (that area) more evacuated, it apparently makes the mouthpiece have less resistence. I've played Jody Jazz DVs, and find this to be true. Those things start buzzing at the some of the lowest air pressures I've ever played. I myself don't dig that little of resistence though... I tend to overblow and like a little resistence to lean on when I'm playing, but others love that fact that it's super easy to blow. I guess whatever floats your boat...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.