Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am currnetly working on the Fuzzy Bird Sonata. In the third movement there is an altissimo G to A trill. does anyone know a good fingering to use for this situation. It is impossible to use my normal G and A fingerings here, they're too different. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Chris

·
Registered
451 Posts
I like to use the 1-3 Left hand 1-3 right hand for G, then to trill to A, just lift your left hand off the "B" key and press the "C" key. So, it should look like :2-3 1-3 for the A.

I find this works particularily good on my alto, and pretty good on tenor.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2007
1,142 Posts
A couple of suggestions.
1. Use 1--/---C5 (high F#) for G3. Trill using Tc (side C)
2. Use X---/1-- Ta (side Bb) for G3. Trill again using Tc. X=front F key.
3. Use 1--/---Ta (side Bb) for G3. For A3 use 12-/1--Ta.
I found 3. to be the most stable for me. There might be some other options in the Rousseau High Tones book.

·
SOTW Administrator
26,208 Posts
eddierich said:
A couple of suggestions.
1. Use 1--/---C5 (high F#) for G3. Trill using Tc (side C)
2. Use X---/1-- Ta (side Bb) for G3. Trill again using Tc. X=front F key.
3. Use 1--/---Ta (side Bb) for G3. For A3 use 12-/1--Ta.
I found 3. to be the most stable for me. There might be some other options in the Rousseau High Tones book.
I've noticed a couple of people denoting side keys using a system that I'm not familiar with like: C1 for palm D, and here Ta for side Bb etc.

Where is this system of naming keys from? It appears somewhat unwieldy and not at all intuitive.

·
Registered
491 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks. I'll experiment with these fingerings tomorrow. If anyone has any other suggestions pleas let me know.

Chris

1 - 8 of 8 Posts