Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't know why but i have serious problems hitting anything above G. I figured for the longest time that it was just me needing to adjust to the horn (no problem on yamahas or selmers) but then I tried a regular SX90R the other day in the shop and everything sung perfectly up to an F. has anyone else had this problem before? Im using an SR Tech Mouthpiece at the moment, but if I have an easier time with something else I might change it...

·
Registered
841 Posts
Are you using any kind of fingering chart? Some encounter altissimo problems with Shadows or Keilwerths in general. I have had very minor problems when I first got my shadow. The Keilwerth chart was very helpful to me. Most of my problems were that I wanted to use the same fingerings as I did when I owned my Mark VI. Also I found I have to blow a little differently. Now I find all my notes are there when I need them and they are even thicker and fuller sounding then on my Selmer. If you have not used the chart, it might be the place to start. Good Luck. Hope everything works out for you. Key heights and such sometimes can make things a little easier too

·
Registered
841 Posts
Morry has posted this one on here in the past. This is the one that comes with Keilwerth Saxes though. This was from one of Morrys postings. My apologies for not giving him credit initially

1 - 6 of 6 Posts