Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
881 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been playing mostly tenor for a long time. Recently, I got this yanagisawa alto. It's a fantastic horn. But, I got a problem with the tuning of the altissimo G. It seems to be flat all the time. I'm using the standard fingering, I think, that works great on my tenors (yani and mk6). I wonder if anyone has a recommendation for a particular fingering that would work nicely on my alto?
Thanks in advance
Bjorn

·
Registered
107 Posts
Best fingering bar none is left: 1 3 Right: 1 with b flat side key. Every alto at my school uses this fingering including a yani a992 player and its perfectly in tune. Its also just as easy as getting out the palm key notes.

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Rousseau book "High Tones" has multiple fingerings for all of the horns. It's a great reference if you need a quick fingering for one of the horns that's not your primary instrument.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,875 Posts
Best fingering bar none is left: 1 3 Right: 1 with b flat side key. Every alto at my school uses this fingering including a yani a992 player and its perfectly in tune. Its also just as easy as getting out the palm key notes.
This is what I use. And to get G#, you do the same thing but play Side C instead of Side Bb.

The G and G# fingerings are going to be different on alto and tenor. After that, you can pretty much use the same fingerings for both.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts