Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone!

I want to buy a new sax quite soon, and right now I'm in between two options.

1. Trevor James SR Series alto, that my sister could get in Moscow for like 1700 USD.

2. Or the CE Winds Alpha II alto that my sis could get in New York for like 1000 USD.

As far as I know, the ppl in Trevor James position the SR series as a pro horn, and it's high quality was confirmed by many persons on the Russian sax forums, where certain individuals even compared it to the Yamaha 62. Ofcourse it is not that Yama, but several individuals said that the Trevor was not really worse.

On the other side, I run kinda short on the green and the CE Winds Alpha II looks quite appealing, for 700 USD is a considerable amount for me, like for many others.

So my questions are the following:
1. I know that I'm still a newbee, but does the Alpha II has the "resource" to be good enough for several years for me? How would you compare it to the Yamaha 275 for example?
2. Are the CE winds saxos reliable?
3. Is the CE Winds company a trustworthy establishment to purchase a sax?

I tried to contact them, but it's been like 2 or 3 days, and got no reply yet. It is a pity, for I really like one sax they have, but need to find out fast about it, for my sis will be in New York in the beginning of June, and who know how much time would they need to get it if they don't have it in stock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
Hey Saf,

I can't comment on the Trevor James horns, but my recent dealings with CE Winds was top notch. I just got a pro DV alto and am really pleased; great experience.

The reason that you probably haven't heard back from them is that they are away from the office for the week and won't be back 'till Monday, May 2nd. I'm in the same boat as I am looking to possibly get an alpha sop and an MP.

Hope this helps
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This really helps! Thanks a lot Sand! At least I know I am not ignored - they are just away. But do you have some festivities there in the US for them to be away, or they just took a vacation?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
106 Posts
I honestly don't know... all I know is that I gave em a call on Wednesday and their answering machine said that they wouldn't be back in the office 'til Monday the 2nd.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know if it is normal, but it is always taking them ages to answer my emails....I dunno know, perhaps I make difficult to answer questions....Already found out everything about the delivery to my place and about the customs, now we only need to resolve certain issues regarding the sax itself, but it's been like 5-6 days, and still no answer...Feeling ignored there! :((
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
295 Posts
I play on a CE winds and it has been my main alto for two years, no problems. the guys at CE Winds are straight shooters and will help all they can. No comments about the Trevor James horns.
Good luck
Swingmanstan
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks swingmanstan. Sincerele, I assumed that the ppl at CE Winds are cool guys, for there is a lot of positive feedback on them here. One thing that is somewhat bothering me is that it takes them so much to answer my mails, considering I am really going to buy a sax, in a matter of 2-3 weeks...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
785 Posts
I believe I've answered all of your questions so far... what was it I missed? I checked my email and didn't miss anything... to recap:

You can purchase the A2 on June 1st, if we have the model you are looking for in stock. If not, it will need to be ordered and will not be in by June 1st.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Brian
CE Winds
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well, you mentioned that if I were to purchase it soon, you could keep the one you have in stock for me. And I have asked in the last mail if the 1st of June would be soon enough, because I might not want to wait the 4-6 weeks, and might go instead with the Trevor James...I understand that I might confuse at times, and I am sorry for that, but hope the things will be cool between us as long as in the end we sort the things out.

Guess it was our common misunderstanding. ;)

P.S.

1. Yet again sorry if I overwhelmed you with so many questions that I made, it's just that 1000 bucks is a considerable amount of money, and I want to make sure that I have EVERYTHING clear.

2. Just know it struck me that for you, I will purchase the sax on 31st of May...we're on different sides of the earth ;) And right now I have confirmed to my self the the 1st of June (to me), the first thing I wanna do is make the payment for the sax.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So will you keep the sax in the end or we'll leave it for the chance? Just want to make sure I understood you...
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Top