Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a curved Allora soprano, with a 0905 80017XX serial. I believe the 09 represents September and the 05 is 2005 on these models. If that is correct, is this a B&S or Tenon made sax? Not that it matters much at all, just curios.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member/Forum Contributor 2010
3,310 Posts
As far as I know B&S never made a curly soprano in their history, so I doubt its B&S made. The serial number format doesnt match B&S practice either.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,132 Posts
Agreed. It’s not made in Germany by B&S.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2007-
7,132 Posts
That doesn’t mean it’s not a good instrument.

·
Registered
330 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
"That doesn’t mean it’s not a good instrument."

I have never seen a B&S made stencil sold from WWBW, and was curios if it matched closely with Tenon (they don't, as far as I can see from online pics, different builds). But Tenon makes great saxophones. I have owned their stencils from Kessler and WWBW/Allora (actually, this one just says "Vienna" and I think it is from 2009, rather than 2005).

·
Distinguished Member, Forum Contributor 2013-2016
7,889 Posts
"That doesn’t mean it’s not a good instrument."

I have never seen a B&S made stencil sold from WWBW, and was curios if it matched closely with Tenon (they don't, as far as I can see from online pics, different builds). But Tenon makes great saxophones. I have owned their stencils from Kessler and WWBW/Allora (actually, this one just says "Vienna" and I think it is from 2009, rather than 2005).
They made some under the “Chicago Jazz Series” IIRC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts