Sax on the Web Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Several jazzers (bass trombone, alto sax, bari sax) have posted on facebook that they made all state jazz. DOES ANYONE HAVE THE LIST? Alto sax results in particular :mrgreen:?

THE AGONY IS KILLING ME [Impnt] [Impnt] [Impnt] [Impnt] [Impnt] [Impnt] [Impnt] [Impnt]

(I normally don't do all caps and multiple ?'s but it deemed this an appropiate situation)

· Registered
298 Posts
Directors can view the tentative results now if they login and the final results will be posted publicly on the site on Tuesday.

· Registered
1 Posts
Thanks! My teacher told me I got 9th, probably because of a few finger flops on the ballad which killed my scores but I've still got one more year to catch up :)
Good job! :) Haha I didn't like my ballad, either -- I got 8th. I'm a senior, though.

The other guy from my region got 4th, I think. He's a junior, too. Getting those top two chairs is tough!

Good luck next year! :)

· Distinguished SOTW Member
3,872 Posts
The ballad was awesome, it's easily my favorite etude of the three. Warren's a great player too. I judged the Region 23 auditions. The biggest problem I heard was students not knowing how to play 16th note triplets and getting caught on the triplets in measure 15.

· Registered
142 Posts
Well I know both tenors from our region (region 8) made 4th and 5th in the state on tenor sax... and 5th being from our school.
Kudos to everyone who did well

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.