Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All;

A local music shop is getting a 1970's era Buescher Aristocrat overhauled. I plan on trading in my Alpine tenor and upgrading if the horn sounds good and looks OK. The shop owner and I agreed at a trade-in price with the agreement that I would keep my current case, as he did not have a case for the Buescher. The tech brought the horn in for me to see the progress to date. It was then that we all realized that the Buescher with the left hand bell keys will not fit into my case for the Alpine with right hand bell keys.

Aside from trying to find a case on eBay, does anyone know of an aftermarket case that will fit a tenor sax with left hand bell keys?

Thanks! BB

·
Distinguished SOTW Columnist / Forum Contributor 2
4,202 Posts
I use a Pro-tec contoured case for my 340k Buescher Aristocrat alto and tenor. I use a rectangular Pro-tec for my 1948 Buescher 400 TH&C. These cases should work for your 1970's example.

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013-
5,183 Posts
Bootman said:
Gator Lite case or Hiscox are your best options.
Bootman is right. By "Lite" I'm assuming he means the GL. They work fine for any Buescher I've put in them, alto or tenor.

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi everyone;

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm looking up all the cases you all suggested.

I have a question on the Gator Lite case. Looking at the Musicians Friend and Music 123 websites they both list two Gator cases for the same price. The CG looks like a hardshell case and the CL looks like a soft case. I am thinking that the CG would provide better protection (yes/no)? Why would someone chose the Lite over the hardshell?

Thanks again everyone.

·
5,183 Posts

·
5,183 Posts
The GL does give you good protection. You won't be able to run a car over it, but the normal bumps won't phase it. It has stiff foam rather than a wood or metal frame; it is not a gig bag. If you mean travel as in check it on an airplane, I wouldn't dream of it. I have 2 altos and a tenor in them. The only issue is there is no protection for anything stored in the outside compartments, so you don't want to throw a mouthpiece in there without additional protection for it.

·
5,183 Posts
The GC does not have a compartment with a lid, but there are two spaces besides the one for the horn. On my only GC case (I bought it cheap as a closeout) I use one space for the neck and the other for a mouthpiece, swab, etc. Both versions are standard with a shoulder strap.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts