Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I need to buy a tenor sax and I'm looking for some information.
I bought one mute - the e-sax -% 20e% 20BRASS http://www.morizono.co.jp/BEST-Sax.htm, and my tenor does not fit very well. So I want to buy a cheap modern sax only to play with the mute.
I know that with a saxophone such as the Yamahas and Yanagisawas it works well, so I wanted to know other brands that have a similar shape. I want to have something reliable to study and that will last.
Thanks guys.
Joao

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
14,268 Posts
Not clear to me . . . the link didn't work when I clicked it. Am I correct in reading your post that you are going to buy a new saxophone just to fit a mute? DAVE

·
Registered
565 Posts
Why not just buy a new mute? But if you have your heart set on getting a new sax, I know a lot of people like Barones and they're pretty cheap. I'm hoping to get a Barone tenor soon.

-Tony

·
6,831 Posts
Ya don't buy a sax for a "mute"! You buy a "mute" for a sax! (worthless garbage anyway). But hey, if you want just want to buy a new sax, you don't need an excuse to buy one!

Is modern ergonomics and bore size what you're after, more than tone? If it is, I agree, but cheap, but w/decent quality. For some that's Barone, others Kessler, still others a good old used Yamaha 52/61/62 fits the bill. Many options!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member, Forum Contributor 2013
11,501 Posts
Be careful here. If his sax doesn't fit, the larger belled Barone may not fit. If it's a bell diameter problem, Cannonballs are probably out unless it's the Vintage, while I think the Barone vintage is the big bell. Buescher TH&C is a bigger bell too try before buy is very important or you'll have two horns that don't fit.

·
Just a guy who plays saxophone.
3,576 Posts
The link doesn't work, but I lived in a quiet apartment building one time and my Cannonball Raven (Big Bell Stone Series) fit in the eSax mute just fine.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the right link is "http://www.morizono.co.jp/BEST%20BRASS%20e-Sax.htm". I live in Brazil, and it was very difficult do get this mute, it works fine, but with my Conn it is not as good as it could be, because it is projected to modern sax - "mark vi design". that´s why I said like the Yamahas and Yanagisawas...

·
6,831 Posts
Glad it worked out for ya. Didn't realize it was a case-style actual practice mute for the sax. My bad.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts