Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, any advice as to where I can get parts for A901. Its the small plastic thing that a short screw fits in so that the high F key opens the side high F palm key. It snapped off while playing. I see on Selmers this is metal - I guess this would be a good replacement. Can't cost much and would be easy to fit.

Know any websites?

Thanks David

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks will give him a try.

I should have said I am in Europe, Belgium, if anyone has any local type suggestions. But I will speak with Dave anyway.

·
Forum Contributor 2015-2017
3,200 Posts
Matthers Muziek then? They are a Yany dealer. Milandro here on SOTW is a Dutchie and will know more good sources local to you.

Dat
Sax
Man

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,799 Posts
Matthews does have very good contacts with Yanagisawa (he is one of the main sellers in Europe) and will be able to get you a part but , since you are probably talking of a screw that is hardly a specialized thing of the saxophone, it may be that they have a different one laying around of may found it.

In the olden days there were small shops which would carry all manner of screws and mechanical odds and ends made of brass but these things are getting incresingly difficult to find.

Call them, talk to David at Matthews in the Netherlands, they will reopen the day after tomorrow.

Matthew's Muziek
Lingerzijde 30-32
1135 AR Edam

Tel.:+31(0)299-371999
E-mail: [email protected]

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for this, yes it may not need the exact Yani part. But I was hoping I could just get it mailed to me and fit it myself. I guess I tech could filddle it with something generic.

Seems there are few good stores in Nederland especially around Amsterdam area. Not so much around Mechelen where I live.

·
Administrator
17,260 Posts
Seems there are few good stores in Nederland especially around Amsterdam area. Not so much around Mechelen where I live.
You could also try Van Gorp in Roosendaal (they also repair instruments and should have common parts available).

About one hour from Mechelen, much closer than Amsterdam (or Edam).

Muziekcentrum van Gorp
Kade 87
4703 GD Roosendaal
Nederland

Telefoon: +31 (0)165 – 545 824

https://www.vangorp.nl/werkplaats/

·
38,799 Posts
I suppose any shop can sed a screw by post, there no need to go there to buy one screw

·
38,799 Posts
van Gorp is very well known as a shop, not so much as a repairshop, prices of repairs, by the way are generally cheaper in Belgium than they are in the NL

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I think nobody may send you the little plastic spacer for the high F front mechanism
Is better for you to provide yourself with a little plastic tube whith the right diameter
(even the sheath from an electric wire) and then close the gap with the adjustable sliding mechanism using a screwdriver

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I know what you mean KennyZ, I am not sure I have all the bits as it pinged off when I was playing. I found the screw and some bits of a kind of plastic tube which was cracked which looked liked the screw might go into. It does not look like there is spacer involved, but I could be wrong.

I looked on a Selmer to see what it looked like there and it looked more substantial. So I was not sure if I was missing something. So I sent a pic to Matthews to ask if they can tell me.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Found a new screw, a metal version. It was from Blazers & Blazers in Gent, Belgium. They Stock Yani parts. Not cheap though, even for a screw. But very helpful guy.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts