Sax on the Web Forum banner

Adult Saxophone Group

5K views 21 replies 15 participants last post by  tenorcat 
In the amateur piano world, there are people like you Dr. G who are not into competition. Competing is not an easy thing, not everybody is able to play well under pressure. For me, the challange is to be able to play well under competition setup. I feel I achieve something if I can play well under that situation. Playing in my own living room is a good thing, but not challenging enough for me. If you are not into this thing, you do not need to put down others who enjoy competing as a vehicle to get better. It took me about 3 years to be able to play without anxiety in front of people, and after every recital I learned something new to correct my mistakes. Therefore, I try to find amateur competition for Sax or Sax group where we can perform for each other, for this way works for me with piano.
If you want to know how well you perform under real pressure, why don't you try and get a real gig? :)

Turtle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.