Sax on the Web Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have some saxophones to offer for sale. I am having difficulty adding pics to the post. I am using an IPad to try and move the jpeg images. I get them to the I have uploaded them but can't move them to the post. Is there a step by step guide through this on the site. racer.

·
Distinguished SOTW Coffee Guru
38,865 Posts
this and many other functions have been disabled for several days now. At first there was a Canadian National Holiday to blame for the technical stuff not being repairing these functions but this has been going on for so long now.

It now appears that they cannot repair what is gone wrong.

In previous instances similar situations took months to be fixed.

One of the problems seems to be that variations are made to the forum directly on line (instead of trying them on an off line replica) and that when things go wrong (and they always will as in Murphy’s law), THEN there is a need to fix them but THEN apparently nobody can fix them.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi Milandro. Thanks for that, been trying a couple of days. We have the same problems with almost everything in the U.K. Bring back the old days. racer. I will put my items on without pics, YTS61 Tenor, Kielwerth New King, Conn Sop curvy. Then email pics to people. Regards racer.

·
Registered
707 Posts
I see other users attach pictures fine. Probably they use a desktop/laptop.

As much as I like Apple products, in iOS, design decisions were taken which make simple file-based tasks really difficult.

So, the question may be unrelated to the recent forum configuration issues, and more related to "how to attach images using the iPad". (For which I don't have the answer.)

·
Grafton alto | Martin Comm III tenor
28,922 Posts
I see other users attach pictures fine. Probably they use a desktop/laptop.

As much as I like Apple products, in iOS, design decisions were taken which make simple file-based tasks really difficult.

So, the question may be unrelated to the recent forum configuration issues, and more related to "how to attach images using the iPad". (For which I don't have the answer.)
It should be exactly the same on iPad. ios is not the issue. I just tested with iPhone ios 11.4 and you can upload existing photos from your Photos library, or else add a photo direct from taking one with your camera.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Ah OK, I hadn't tried and I may have imagined problems that don't exist (anymore) !

·
Registered
707 Posts
I tried adding a picture and indeed, it works in the Go Advanced mode. I was bad-mouthing our friends in Cupertino without reason. Sorry!

Note: after "Choose File", a thumbnail appears BUT the user still needs to click "Upload File(s)" - which looks just like ordinary text - not a button. Then it takes a fair number of seconds before the image is really inserted in the post!

·
Distinguished SOTW Member
3,940 Posts
TO EVERYONE!!! PLEASE REPORT ANY ISSUES NOW!!! THE OWNERS NEED TO HEAR FROM YOU HOW SERIOUS ALL THE PROBLEMS ARE. A couple thousand complaints today would be greatly appreciated. Supposedly they are monitoring the site help section. Wherever that is lol. in brief here is a reply I received from VS via email

If you are still experiencing this issue, please report it in the site help section as we have Tech Support moderating these issues.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts